Just ten days remain in our year-end fundraising effort. We come to you only once a year to ask for your support—and that support has never been more important than it is today.
Right now, we have the opportunity to receive $20,000 in Matching Funds from NewsMatch, but only if we succeed in raising $20,000 in donations by December 31. As of today, we’re behind schedule in progress toward achieving that goal.
Donor support is an absolutely critical part of our lean budget, and crucial to carrying out our ambitious plans for 2023. These include:
- Continuing the most in-depth coverage available of solitary confinement, with journalism produced on both side of prison walls;
- Publishing work in collaboration with major progressive media outlets to reach a wide audience;
- Adding dozens of firsthand accounts of the lived experience of people in solitary confinement, through our Voices from Solitary series;
- Releasing the first of our groundbreaking reports on Alternatives to Solitary, along with ten new facts sheets offering vital information on solitary confinement;
- Reaching out to hundreds of people in solitary confinement through our Lifelines to Solitary project;
- Expanding our support of incarcerated journalists through the Ridgeway Reporting Project; and
- Welcoming the first formerly incarcerated journalist to our small staff (more on this soon).
All of this work is made possible by your support. Before you depart for holiday travels or take a much-needed respite from email, will you please consider making a gift to Solitary Watch in whatever amount you can?
Giving now means your donation will be doubled by NewsMatch, giving it twice the impact. If you choose to make a monthly recurring gift, every one of your 12 donations will be matched throughout the year.
Your generosity means so much to us. Thank you for your support!
With gratitude and warm wishes for the holidays,
Jean Casella, and all of our team of dedicated part-time staff:
Vaidya Gullapalli, Juan Moreno Haines, Katie Rose Quandt, Sara Rain Tree, Allie Rivera, Marlies Talay